Monday 1 March 2010

Brocken Blood & Erocketsu Blood

What should've been a simple joint project about a German descendant crossdressing magical girl/boy comedy ended up turning into several months of frustration NOT because of text over artwork problem or anything editing related but mainly because of a lack of communication from Operation Boredom, the group I was working with. Long story short, I got sent the scripts to finish the rest of volume one which I finished within 2 weeks... last October. Then the guy in charge of OB says that he'll take over to "quality check" and "make the credit page". By that point, weeks turned into months and the emails dried up until finally the breaking point came when going to the OB site last month, I get confronted with a trojan virus warning from my antivirus which led me to believe that OB is finally dead so now I don't have to finally sit on this anymore.

Don't expect any more volumes because it's an okayish manga but not something I would obsess in finding translators for. I wonder what made the artist go from drawing Ubel Blatt, a Berserk-like manga where one warrior ends up on a revenge killing quest on his former comrades, to this? Sure is a mystery.

Now available in the project page.

And to complete this Brocken Blood Bonanza, have a doujin as well.
Originally, I wanted to release this at the same time as the Brocken Blood manga last year... obviously that didn't happen so... yeah... enjoy your very, VERY gay watersporting doujin.

Now available in the project page.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you won't be continuing Brocken Blood, but I'm also very VERY grateful for the super awesome releases as I'm big fan of this series~ <3

    Thanks so much for all the hard work! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad news. Well, thank you anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanx for this awesome releases. Are both of them made by the same mangaka?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so gay! ... And I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a shame, would've liked to see more Brocken Blood.
    Thanks a lot for this though.

    ReplyDelete